Sunday 29 January 2012

First Experience with Gelish

During the week before christmas I had the sudden urge to get a more longer lasting manicure, one that would see me through the holidays and withstand all the cooking and cleaning.

Now i've dabbled with OPI Axxium before and really enjoyed this treatment but its more expensive in my salon than the Gelish so I thought this was worth a try.

Luckily I managed to nab a last minute appointment the day before Christmas Eve.  I couldn't believe how quick the application was.  My nails were complete in half an hour and that included soaking them first whilst the beautician finished up with another client.

To keep with the festive theme I chose Hot Rod Red with Good Gossip on top to add a bit of sparkle.

On my nails the Gelish lasted three weeks and my nails grow quickly so I definitely got my moneys worth.  Unfortunately I failed to take any pictures and am only realising now but thought I would continue with the post anyway as I will certainly be treating myself to Gelish again.

Seeing how simple the procedure was has really inspired me to try it at home and i've already been browsing eBay for UV lamps and Nail Harmony colours.  For those of you who carry out DIY Gelish at home and have any tips please leave a comment below.

On an exciting note (well for me anyway), my very first Glossybox is winging it's way to me.  This is the first beauty box i've subscribed to so we shall shall if I keep it up.  Right now I'm avoiding any spoilers of whats inside the box, namely Gemma's blog.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment