Saturday 22 November 2008

MAC hue alternative?

As I was browsing the Rimmel section in Boots, I picked up a volume booster lipstick in foxy. It was only when I got it home and put it on that I noticed it was very comparable to MAC's Hue lipstick which is one of my faves.

Hue is on the left and Foxy is on the right:







There is no significant difference in these products, however when swatched Foxy appears slightly darker.



Again Hue is on the left and Foxy is on the right:


Both products are creamy on the lips although Hue does last that little bit longer.

Rimmel Volume Booster is enriched with collagen and hyaluronic spheres and claims to create up to 40% fuller looking lips. As for boosting my lips I couldn't see a difference though I could certainly feel the tingling sensation on my lips and there is a menthol taste to it.

I would not buy this product again for its lip plumping abilities but I might repurchase it as it is a cheaper alternative to MAC.

Have you any dupes for MAC Hue?

4 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for following my blog, and as for Hue...I just got it this week and I love love love it! And Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Sheer Moisture Lipstick in Shy is similar to Hue in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, i'l have to check out out if I ever visit the states.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually tried to buy Hue today but they were out of it and I wont be in mac again for ages so thanks for the dupe will have to get to boots tomm to check out rimmel!! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also bought Rimmels lipstick in Foxy whilst browsing in Boots the other day, I love the colour and texture. Never tried MAC's Hue, I'm going to have a look at it when I next go to the MAC shop but if it's the same then I might as well stay with Rimmel's Foxy as it's cheaper. Thanks for your article! x

    ReplyDelete