Thursday 2 July 2009

Stained Nails Begone!

If like me you paint your nails and are too lazy to apply a base coat then wonder why your nails are stained, I have your solution right here so keep reading.

I change my nail polish on a regular basis and my favourite colours happen to be dark, rich shades which are a nightmare to remove and stain your nails as well as the nail bed. It was only until recently that i invested in a decent nail base but the damage had already been done.



I have been left with horrible, yellow "smokers" nails which show through the lightest of polishes so darker shades of polish have now become a must. I even visited my gp regarding this issue thinking I had a fungal infection (disgusting I know) only for her to ask if I painted my nails alot? 

Problem solved! Now for the solution.

I have tried remedies such as lemon juice and soaking my hands in water mixed with denture tablets but nothing worked. I visited the nail salon to enquire about acrylics and if they would cover the stains when the technician asked me if I had tried to buff them out. She sat me down, removed my polish and began to sand down my baby nail. In seconds the stain had lifted. I have since removed all my polish and began to tackle the remaining nails.

I used a buffer that I got in a hand and nail care set.



It took a while but the majority of the staining is gone and my nail surfaces are super soft. 


"It's a miracle" true words as spoken by my boyfriend :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for telling, my toe nails have become a bit yellow after not being bothered to use base coats. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thats an amazing difference! I need to pick up a decent nail buffer :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Huge difference!
    I almost always have sth on my nails as well, but I use a nail polish remover, that 's supposed to tackle the yellow staining, it seems to work for me so far...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kathryn I have to make a start on my toes x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @tina_mbc I mustn't be using a strong enough remover x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got the same problem, but mine have suffered from self tanning:s hope this works!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete