Monday 31 August 2009

Playing with minerals

After reading a blog post by Lollipop26 which featured an E.L.F mineral shadow in Natural, I was influenced to buy it. But I couldn't just make one lonely purchase so instead I made three :)



We have Natural (shimmery champagne), Caffeinated (bronze with olive and gold undertones) and Confident (frosty brown).


They are £2.50 for 0.85 grams and can be ordered from E.LF's website. The downfall of the E.L.F website is that the online swatches can sometimes differ from the real thing and they don't offer shade descriptions. I played it safe and googled for alternative swatches which I found more helpful although a little time consuming.

I used two of the shadows yesterday and here is the finished look, taken at approximately 9pm so they are long wearing.



For eyes I applied Natural all over with a tiny bit of Caffeinated in the crease using the 219.

And for everything else....

Face - Revlon Colorstay Sand Beige - I find this heavier than my SFF and a bit too light for my face but I want to use it up.
Cheeks - Smashbox Tint
Lips - MAC Pure Rose L/S - Released in the Emanual Ungaro collection and I really wish I had of bought a back up :(

Next combination.... maybe a light dusting of Caffeinated with Confident in the crease?

No comments:

Post a Comment