Friday 2 October 2009

New Skin-care Routine

For those who don't know i've recently enrolled in a makeup course which entails learning a bit about skin care. In a nut shell you have to be able to analyze your clients skin and determine which products will be appropriate for their skin type.

I never really took much notice of what I was using on my skin and whether it suited me however my tutor spoke about the consequences of a lack of daily skin care routine which leads to dehydration, skin sensitivity and wrinkles!!

The latter made me panic a little. I'm a firm believer that it's never too early to start using anti-aging products. It is better to prevent wrinkles rather than begin to use treatments when it is too late.

On tuesday night I was the guinea pig and let the tutor assess my skin. The verdict is I am dry/sensitive skin type. Those with dry skin are more perceptible to wrinkles and can look very dull in appearance and the products I was currently using were not designed for dry skin so I was in need of a change.

Whilst I was in this new frame of mind I took advantage of Boots 3 for 2 offer on their skin-care and picked up a new routine.



We have:
1) Norwegian Formula Foaming Cleaning Wash - I really like Neutrogena skin care and am still a loyal user of their Visibly Clear 2 in 1 wash and mask and this cleanser is no different.
2) Garnier Soft Essentials Soothing Toner - I don't usually use a toner but I do in class so I thought i'd give it a go plus it helps remove any excess cleanser.
3) Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-free Moisturiser - This will do for the time being but when we move into winter I change to a thicker moisturiser because my skin gets very flaky and rough.

I don't see any harm in mixing products from different brands and hopefully I'll see some improvement in the condition of my skin as it could be better.

Maybe i'll blog more about other tips I pick up from my course.

Also whilst in town I did drag the bf to MAC to check out the new collections and i'm pleased say no purchases were made from them however I did buy another set of lashes and shale e/s :)

8 comments:

  1. Ohh what make-up course are you doing?! I'm hopefully going to be enrolling in one after my baby is born next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to know what course you are doing too!! And where? I'm quite religious about using products from the same brand. I think they are designed to work together better. Love to lnow how you get on!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nikki Congratualtions! I'm doing the City & Guilds Photographic Make-up course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenny9119999 It's a Photographic makeup course held in Castlereagh campus x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I was planning on going to the oonagh boman school of make-up next year! I'd love to do the fashion n photographic makeup course! fingers crossed that I get in! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nikki I was going to apply to that school but they don't do evening classes and people have told me its not worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really?! I've heard nothing about it really except what's on their website, and they are obviously goin to say all good things on it! keep me updated on the course your doing though, Itll be good to get a few different options at least? I can't afford 2 be throwin money away :p x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nikki Its a very expensive course and i've heard she doesn't actually teach you so I think your really paying for the name x

    ReplyDelete