Monday 1 December 2008

My New Love: L'oreal Voluminous

I bought this mascara a few weeks ago after watching a video from lollipop26.

When I first tried it I didnt like it so it was banished to my unwanted makeup stash. I had applied it on a sunday and initially there were no problems but when I used it on the monday it had smudged under my eyes by lunch time. Panda eyes = not an attractive look!

Most mascaras have this effect on me, I think it could just be the formulation. I've tried Bourjois, Maybelline, Urban Decay, Benefit and even Diorshow Blackout. I constantly find myself checking the mirror throughout the day and cleaning up any product that has run.

I thought I had found my HG in the form of Maxfactor 2000 Calorie mascara which works wonders for me. It doesnt clump and most importantly it doesn't smudge.

After reading more rave reviews about L'Oreal Voluminous I decided to give it another go....

So today I applied it again with no changes to my routine and I dont use a lash primer. Now 11 hours later my mascara is still in place. It hasnt smudged all day and my eyelashes still have a curl to them. It looks like my eyelashes have doubled in number because it has separated them so well.

However I am a bit baffled as to why all of a sudden it is working for me. I'm going to continue using it for the rest of the week to see if these results last and will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

  1. I had exactly the same thing with that mascara! Bought it, hated it, stashed it away somewhere and a few weeks later tried again and loved it! x

    ReplyDelete